"Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Coconut Flour Lemon Pound Cake


I found this amazing recipe on Pinterest.  It is both a Gluten Fee, and Sugar Free cake, but it really tastes amazing!  My husband and my children loved it.  I think I will add a little lemon glaze drizzle on the top - because I like lemon, and I like sweet.  And lemon pound cake and glaze just seem to go hand in hand.



WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

6 (yes, six!) eggs
1/2 cup avocado oil or 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 - 1/2 cup water
1 Tbs. lemon zest (don't skimp)
3 tsp. vanilla
1 pinch nutmeg



LET'S BEGIN:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs.

Add all remaining ingredients and mix together - start with 1/4 cup of water, slowly adding as the batter takes shape.  I used the entire 1/2 cup and came to the consistency of (canned) pumpkin puree.

Line an 8-inch loaf pan (I only had a 9-inch available) and smooth the top with a spatula.

Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool for at least 20 minutes.  Add lemon glaze to each slice, rather than on top of the entire cake.


This pairs well with jam, honey or fresh fruit.  You can also add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the recipe before baking, of course.





No comments:

Post a Comment