"Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Roasted Butternut Squash


Do not be intimidated by its funny looking shape, like I was some time ago.  The Butternut Squash is a user friendly, healthy and delicious winter treat.



After having this arrive in my Farm Fresh Box I decided to make an effort to use this winter squash, which is rich in Vitamins A and C.  My family had no idea what a treat their palates would receive.

There are several ways to peel one of these hard and odd shaped squashes, but I simply used a potato peeler and went to town.

Roasted Butternut Squash makes a great side dish as well as a great snack.  I found this no-fuss recipe from allrecipes.com

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons Organic Olive Oil
2 Cloves of garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste

LET'S BEGIN:

1.  Preheat your over to 400 degrees F.  Optional:  line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.  No need to spray sheet.

2.  In a bowl, toss the cubed butternut squash pieces in the olive oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and toss some more.  Spread coated butternut squash on (lined or not) baking sheet.  *I line for easier clean up.

3.  Roast squash for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 400'F, until squash is tender and lightly brown.  Enjoy!



I will try a soup version soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment