"Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Saturday, November 30, 2013

~ Lemon-y Libation ~

Who says that kids get all the fun...?

With an abundant lemon harvest, I have been experimenting with different ways to use up my fresh and delicious lemons. 




I don't always have the 'called-for' ingredients on hand...so I improvise, adapt and overcome!


My latest invention...a Lemon & Pear Martini.  Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Similar to a Lemon Drop Vodka Martini, with one small change...oh ya, add the bubbly sweetness after you shake, NOT before.
Ingredients:
Vodka ~ 1 1/2 oz.
Lemon Juice ~ 3/4 oz.
Ice
Sparkling Pear Juice (Sparkling Cider or Apple Cranberry Cider) ~ 1 oz.
Lemon Twist for Garnish

Pour first three ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake well.  Strain into chilled glass, pour in sparkling juice.  Garnish with lemon peel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment