"Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

~ Simple Summer Salad ~

These are *leftover* pictures from a few July meals...

Casabas are one of my favorite types of melons...my mouth is watering just thinking about them.
I place them in the refrigerator before I slice them up.  Spoon out the *innards*, then slice.  I usually cut them into smaller squares and serve them like this:
They are sweet and juicy and the texture is soft. 


I love salads...they are so easy and make great meals, just add some protein like chicken, tuna, salmon...anything.  I also sprinkle on nuts, usually almonds, sliced or whole - whatever I have on hand.


Grilled chicken can be eaten just like this, or sliced to use on a salad, etc...We usually cook up more than we need in order to use the following day.  Cooking extra saves time!  Leftover chicken is delicious cold on salad or easily warmed with some rice or other side dish.  You really don't need much to make a meal.  Again, use the palm of your hand to measure your serving size for protein.

Popular summer fruits in our area are cherries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, watermelon and strawberries.  I tell my children to eat up, because when they are in season...they are not to be missed.

We usually eat strawberries plain.  No whip, or occasionally dipped in chocolate for fancy occasions, or the Summer favorite:  strawberry ice cream.  It's too easy (and delicious) not to make.



KEEP IT SIMPLE, KEEP IT FRESH...
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment