"Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Thursday, July 11, 2013

~ Tools of the Trade ~

It pays to have some good *tools of the trade* at hand.  I try not to keep a lot of gadgety type things in my kitchen drawers.  I do keep some useful tools that make food preparation easy & efficient.

Also, since I don't like to hand wash, a tool should be dishwasher friendly.

Let me introduce one of my top ten favorites:

THE FOOD CHOPPER

It makes chopping onions, garlic...you name it, QUICK and easy.  No time for tears.

I just rinse it off and place it in the dishwasher (top shelf) when I'm done.

Here is a short demo ~ Easy as 1, 2, 3: 
 
1.  Peel off outer skin of onion.  Discard skin (or use for compost).
2.  Slice onion in quarter (or half, depending on size of onion).
3.  Place under chopper...and push down on top handle. 
Various sizes of chopped onions depending on how many "chops" you give it.  Several make larger sizes, and about 12 - 15 "chops" make finer pieces.  I love this tool.

Another helpful tool(s):

THE  BASTING BRUSH

These are very patriotic colors.  Actually, RED is for meats, WHITE is for fish and BLUE is for breads.  They, too, are dish-washer safe.


The right tools can make cooking & baking fun (& quick)!  I'll have to share my all time favorite way to bake salmon...you can find my recipe for California Ranch Rice, here.



Summer fruit...eat it while it's in season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment